Friday, December 18, 2009

A Week of Firsts

It all started Monday. Vincent climbed up the ladder to the attic all by himself and then back down again. (I was behind him in case he fell.) He then got on his tricycle and peddled all over the place. He received this tricycle during the summer and has refused to ride it. Monday, he just got it out, sat down, and off he went. I guess he was finally ready.

-----------

Eliza finally started scooting Wednesday. Before she could get anywhere she wanted to by doing this rolling/stretching movement. Now she just looks normal.

Yesterday, I passed her off to her Grandma and she put her hands up to her eyes and cried, then she reached out for me! I loved it!! The first signs of the "mommy attatchment" phase. Granted, this phase is only cute for the first week. But it is nice to know that you're loved.

-----------

Vincent decorated his first gingerbread house. Well, I think he decorated the inside of his stomach more than the house, but he enjoyed it and that's what is important.

-----------

Vincent was very lovey today. At one point he snuggled up and told me, "I'm so glad you're my mommy." Awww! You can't get much sweeter than that. It's those moments that give you strength to get through the tantrums. Ahh the tantrums. Why is it that we can't scream and cry at the top of our lungs when we're angry. I swear that half the time I just want to sit down and do just that. It's amazing how quickly he can go from happy to angry and then back. I just keep thinking "This too shall pass." I generally just try to ignore the tantrum. All he wants is either his way or attention. Ignoring it takes both of those away. Otherwise I just drag his cute little body to where he needs to be while he flails and screams the whole way. Such fun. I get comfort from the fact that I'm not the only one trying to figure out how best to survive this stage in life.

-----------

Eliza has been very sick. She has a terrible cold. Her nose is constantly running and her eyes are so goopy. Everytime she wakes up from a nap or bed her eyes are halfway crusted shut. My poor sweet baby. Vincent is just about done with a round of antibiotics. Both of his ears were infected. That was my first time dealing with ear infections. I am not looking forward to that again! Thankfully Vance and I have not gotten sick. I pray it stays that way. I do not have time to be sick! I have a quilt to finish and a proposal to plan! My nephew is in Airborne training and is coming up for one week of leave starting Monday. He wants to propse to his girlfriend on Wednesday. Guess who he asked to plan it! Me!! I love this stuff, but it's going to be tight getting it all put together. Wish me luck. Ahhh! Love is in the air!

2 comments:

  1. Ally ended up with the goopy eyes to the point it looked like pink eye. She had a sinus infection with a side of pink eye, the dr thinks. We got her on antibiotics and it cleared itself up.
    Yeah for Vincent riding his bike!!
    We are right there with you on tantrums. Ally will yell at us, "you are making me so sad" "you're suppose to be a nice mommy" "I don't love you anymore" "you are not in my family now". If she wasn't 3 she'd be hurting my feelings! This week though she's been a bit better because she wants to stay on the "good" list. I just keep reminding her that she has to be nice and say nice things and listen to mommy and daddy or she won't be getting presents. She snaps right out of it.
    Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to see you have a blog! It is a nice way to journal/scrapbook all in one. Hope your kiddos get well soon. Sickies are never fun! ps-Vance did such a great job on Sunday. :)

    ReplyDelete